Are You Shy About Marketing Yourself? If So, Then Let A Press Release Do It For You.
Are you one of those people that feels border line conceited when marketing yourself? If you answered yes to this question, then maybe a press release is the answer for you. Many people feel press releases are for big occasions. Although they are good for big occasions, press releases are for news worthy items.
According to Wikipedia a press release, news release, media release, or press statement is a written or recorded communication directed at members of the news media for the purpose of announcing something claimed as having news value. Typically, they are mailed, faxed or e-mailed to assignment editors at newspapers, magazines, radio stations, televisions stations and/or television networks. Commercial press-release distribution services are also used to distribute them.
A few reasons to write a press release, include but are not limited to the following
- recent accomplishments
- community involvement – reciprocity – you want the community to be good to you, so you need to be good to the community
- Getting involved with charities
- Getting involved with your local school system
- Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- career day
- taking pictures at a school event
- performing at a school event
- teaching a class (music, drama, etc.)
- hiring a new employee
- speaking engagement(s)
- teaching a seminar
- earning a degree
- publishing an article
I think you have the idea now, so the next time you are reluctant to market yourself, remember a press release can be your best friend.